Casey Gate Medical Centre is pleased to advise that we are an approved vaccination provider for the COVID-19 vaccines, Pfizer and AstraZeneca. We are vaccinating our local community within a 15km radius of the practice.
Due to the overwhelming response, We are ONLY ACCEPTING BOOKINGS ONLINE. Please DON’T CALL the practice regarding COVID-19 vaccinations as we are UNABLE TO TAKE APPOINTMENT ENQUIRIES OVER THE PHONE. Please check HotDoc our website regularly for appointment availability.
If you don’t see any appointments online that means there are none available, please DON’T CALL THE PRACTICE as we can not help. Continue to check ONLINE every few day as more bookings may become available. Please understand we still need to be able to meet our regular patient needs unrelated to the Covid-19 vaccine. To assist you, we have made a range of information with embedded web-links available to you on this page. Please click on the links relevant to you for more information.
What to expect for your appointment
We ask all patients to complete the Eligibility Checker. For anyone that can not access the Vaccine Eligibility Checker and need assistance, or don’t have a Medicare card, please call Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080 and they will assist you further.
Upon booking your appointment we will send you appropriate information and the consent form via email automatically. All patients are required to have read the pre-appointment information and completed the consent form prior to your appointment. This consent is valid for both doses of the vaccine.
If you are NEW to the practice, you must complete NEW PATIENT REGISTRATON FORM. You will be required to bring a health summary from your regular GP.
If your first dose was administered at another practice or a vaccination hub you need to complete a new consent form prior to your appointment. If you do not have online access to our digital forms, please ask our reception staff to give you a printed consent form which must be completed and returned in advance.
- Strictly vaccinating community within a 15km radius to the practice only.
- The appointment on the day is for vaccine administration only. Please talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns before getting your COVID-19 vaccination prior to your vaccine appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, call us on (03)87865955 to let us know you have arrived.
- Please walk up to the undercover porch at the time of your appointment (no more than 5-minutes earlier) then take a seat outside and a team member will be with you; please do not enter the practice until advised.
- Masks must be worn.
- Vaccination may be given outdoors – It can get cold, please consider appropriate clothing to allow vaccination and comfort outdoors.
- You will be required to remain at the practice for 15 minutes following your vaccination to monitor for any side effects.
- Make a note of the vaccine brand you receive as you need to have the same brand of vaccine both times.
- If you cannot make it to your vaccination appointment, please contact us one day before to arrange a new appointment and so we can give your appointment to someone else. Please help us avoid any wastage. Please see our Non Attendance Policy
You can read “Preparing for covid-19 vaccination” patient factsheet developed by the Australian Government Department of Health by clicking here.
Help us keep you, our staff, and our community safe. Do not come into the practice:
• if you are feeling unwell or have fever, cough, runny nose or other symptoms (even if they seem like hay fever). Book a Telehealth (phone or video) consultation with our doctors first, they will advise further.
• if you are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or have tested positive for COVID-19
• if you are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or
• if you are in quarantine.
If you have had another vaccine in the 7 days before your COVID-19 vaccine appointment, please let us know as we may need to reschedule your appointment.
Booking your vaccine
1. You will need to check your eligibility; you can review that using the Australian Government Department of Health Vaccines Eligibility Checker here. There is a dedicated Coronavirus Helpline, you can call 1800 020 080. They can help with all enquiries as well as help run through the eligibility checker with you if you don’t have access.
2. We require you to complete a written consent form which can be located here. This may also be sent to you via email through HotDoc – You only need to do it ONCE. This consent is valid for both dose 1 and dose 2. You may be required to complete an eligibility declaration. The official Covid-19 vaccination eligibility declaration form can be located here.
- NEW patients to the practice must bring a health summary from their regular GP.
3. We will try to get your vaccination details from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR). However, it isn’t always possible. You may be required to show your current immunisation history before receiving your Covid vaccination and your flu vaccination particularly if you are new to the practice. It will be best to do this with your phone as that’s real time. If you are printing your immunisation history from home, please ensure it’s dated the same day as your vaccination.
4. Vaccine information:
Information on Covid-19 AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria Vaccine can be located here.
– Information for after your AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria Vaccine can be located here.
Information on Covid-19 Pfizer (Comirnaty) Vaccine can be located here.
– Information for after your Pfizer (Comirnity) Vaccine can be located here.
Vaccine information for teens and parents/guardians can be found here.
– Information on how to speak to kids about Covid-19 vaccine can be found here.
5. The clinician who administered the vaccine will be required to report any side effects. Further information can be found here. You can use the Health Direct Symptom checker tool .
- Health direct Symptoms Checker Tool: Click on Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptom Checker
- You can also report any side-effects or adverse-effects to SAEFVIC on 03-93454143
6. Proof of your vaccination: We will upload your vaccination details to AIR. It is very important that your details are up to date. We can give you a small card with your vaccination details on the day but it is not a formal document in case needed for any particular purpose. Alternatively, get proof of your COVID-19 vaccination through Services Australia here or Digital Health here or by calling Medicare on 132 011
7. You can get your immunisation history statement here, You can access it via your Medicare online account through myGov or The Express Plus Medicare mobile app. If you can’t get your immunisation history statement online or need help, you can call 1800653809
Instructions for how to download myGov and add Medicare to your services:
- Please go to the myGov website and download the app onto your phone. You can access the website here.
- You can set up a myGov Generator, instructions are located here.
- Please add Medicare to your services on myGov. You will need to answer all the questions correctly for this to work.
- Please allow 24 hours for the app to update
Instructions for how to download your immunisation statement:
- Go to myGov
- Open Medicare
- Click on Immunisation History
- Click on View Statement
- Click on View History Statement (PDF)
- The Australian Government has a website dedicated to Covid-19. That website can be located here
If you need to get your vaccine elsewhere:
We know we may not be getting enough vaccine to service our patients and the broader community and we understand that you may need to attend another location for your vaccination.
The practice administering your vaccine may request a health/medication summary from your regular GP. If this is the case you will need to consult with your doctor, we cannot issue these on an ad-hoc basis. Please ensure you consider scheduling limitations as we cannot offer on-the-day appointments. Once you have the document, please keep it very safe as it cannot be reissued.
See 15km Radius Map
We are dedicated to reducing the risk of transmission of Covid-19 to our staff, our patients, and our local community and believe strongly that you attend your nearest practice or vaccination hub to get vaccinated. Please do not book at this clinic if you are from outside this area, unfortunately we will have to cancel it.
NEW PATIENT REGISTRATION
New patients to the practice welcome. Please complete the online registration form prior to your appointment. Pleas bring your Medicare card and Pension or Health Care Card if applicable on the day. You may wish to email us a photo it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker
COVID-19 vaccines will be available in phases. Groups of people get the vaccination at different times. The groups are Phase 1a, Phase 1b, Phase 2a, Phase 2b and Phase 3 etc.
Check to see if you can book a COVID-19 vaccination now. You can do this for yourself or another person. Click “Start Eligibility Checker”
Book your appointment
We are taking online bookings only.
After completing your eligibility checker, you can book your vaccination appointment using the Book Online button above.
After booking your appointment, you will receive pre-appointment information via email including a link to the COVID-19 Consent form – you will need to click on the blue “Start Form” button to proceed.
Covid-19 Vaccine Consent Form
All patients are required to have read the pre-appointment information and completed the consent form prior to your appointment. This consent is valid for both doses of the vaccine. If your first dose was administered at another practice or a vaccination hub, you will be required to complete a new consent form prior to your appointment. If you do not have online access, please ask our reception staff to give you a printed consent form which must be completed in advance.
Covid-19 Symptoms Checker
Find out if you need to get tested or get medical help. Click on “Start Symptoms Checker”. You can use this convenient tool and answer questions about the patient – that may be you, or someone else.
Covid-19 Vaccine Side Effects Checker
After having a vaccine, you may wish to use this convenient tool to check your symptoms. Please click on the “Start Vaccine Side Effects Checker” button and it will guide you step by step. These questions are about the patient – that may be you, or someone else.